UPDATE: 1 p.m. - The Westchester County Medical Examiner confirmed Friday Barry Himmelstein died from natural causes and weather was not a factor.
GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Greenburgh police are investigating the death of whom they believe to be a 77-year-old homeless man found in a parked car outside of the Midway Shopping Center.
Police received a call just before 9 a.m. Wednesday on the report of a medical emergency from the shopping center's security guard, who told police they found an unresponsive male in the parking lot. EMS joined police on the scene and identified the deceased man as Barry Himmelstein, with no known last address.
Police and the Westchester County Medical Examiner's office are investigating the incident.
- 1 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 2 Elmsford Re-Dedicates Its Updated Emergency Operations Center
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Greenburgh Police Seek Suspect In Bank Robbery Attempt
- 5 Frank's Nursery To Be Auctioned Off In Greenburgh