HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Hastings-on-Hudson Police Chief Anthony Visalli announced on Tuesday, June 24, that the department has launched a new anonymous tip line that can be used to report past crimes and assist in ongoing investigations.
Visalli released a notice to the community providing information that includes a link on the Police Department Web page where citizens can use the 411 Tip application.
When logging on the site, the reporting person is assigned a six-character identifier that is not traceable by the Police Department. All tips will remain completely anonymous.
"This site is strictly for tips regarding crimes that may have been committed in the past or information about crimes that may be committed in the future," Visalli's message read. "Residents may also text anonymous tips to the Police Department. As always, we appreciate any assistance we receive from the public that may help us with unsolved crimes."
Those who wish to text a tip may text 847411, (TIP411), to send an anonymous message to the Police Department. A six-character, untraceable identifier is assigned to the person texting the tip.
Residents and other are advised that the site is not for crimes that are in progress, which should be reported with the emergency 911 call, or minor violations.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 3 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Hartsdale Pizzeria
- 4 Elmsford Re-Dedicates Its Updated Emergency Operations Center
- 5 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne