GREENBURGH, N.Y. — A White Plains home nurse has been accused of stealing and cashing an $8,000 check from the 77-year-old woman she takes care of.
Greenburgh police arrested Queenie Williams, 44, on charges of third-degree grand larceny and second-degree forgery, both felonies, following a 77-year-old Hartsdale woman's report Monday that a check had been stolen from her checkbook and was cashed for $8,000.
Williams had been working as a health home aide for the woman for more than two years, police said.
Williams was arrested Thursday and held at the Greenburgh Police Department pending arraignment in town court.
- 1 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 2 Better Safe Than Sorry? Many Hidden 'Costs' To Preparing For Storm
- 3 Edgemont, Scarsdale High Schools Rank In Top 10 Among New York's Best
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Greenburgh
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell