GREENBURGH, N.Y. – A man with a gun reportedly challenged a group of teenagers at an Edgemont apartment complex Friday night, according to the Greenburgh Police.
Just after midnight on Saturday, a Dobbs Ferry resident told police that on Friday night a man approached her son and friends in the Boulder Ridge Complex. She said the man asked what the children were doing, and they asked who he was. He replied by lifting his shirt to show what the children believed was a gun.
Officers searched the area, but could not find the man. The security guard did not report any incidents, and a Boulder Ridge resident told police that she did not hear any disturbance during the evening.
Also from the Greenburgh Police blotter:
• A Mount Vernon man was stopped by police last Thursday after neighbors reported that he had been pulling on the door and trunk handles of a 1990 Honda on Prospect Avenue. The man said he was just leaning on the car to make a phone call. Police asked him to leave the area.
• Last week, a security guard at Westchester Wine Warehouse caught a Greenburgh man who had allegedly taken a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka. The guard held the man outside the store until police arrived. He was banned from the property and told he would be arrested if he returned.
• Ardsley Middle School students were reportedly drinking alcohol last Thursday night on the school grounds. When police arrived, they saw several students running away. A Hartsdale resident was found hiding in woods, but police said she did not smell of alcohol and was released to her mother.
• Nearly $200 worth of merchandise was reported stolen from a shopping cart in the parking lot of Central Avenue's H-Mart last weekend. A West Harrison resident told police he had placed a pair of sneakers and his backpack – containing his identification card, wallet, keys and debit card – in the cart and left for 30 minutes. He told police he forgot he had placed the bag in the shopping cart.
• After a barking altercation between dogs in Edgemont over the weekend, the male owner told the female owner that if her dog harassed his again, he would shoot her dog in the eye.