GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- UPDATED 2:50 P.M. More than 80 cats found confined in small cages in a Greenburgh home were rescued by officials Tuesday, May 20, according to News 12.
The cats were rescued from the home at 55 Riverdale Ave. after they were found in small, dark cages with many lying in their own feces, according to the report.
The owner of the home reportedly told News 12 she had recently fallen on hard times and was trying to find a home for the cats.
The New Rochelle Humane Society is looking for people to adopt the cats. The organization is also seeking donations to give the rescued cats treatment, according to a statement.
Call (914) 632-2925 for more information on the rescued cats.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Route 119 Reopens After Closure In Greenburgh
- 3 Snow Likely In Greenburgh On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Two Dozen Will Boycott Bill Cosby’s Shows At Tarrytown Music Hall
- 5 Greenburgh Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday