Neighbor Assists To Put Out Greenburgh Kitchen Fire

  • Comment
Fairview Fire District assisted in putting out a house fire Thursday night in Greenburgh. Photo Credit: File/Samantha Kramer

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Fairview Fire District responded to a house fire at 6:30 Thursday night on Lincoln Place in Greenburgh but most of the fire had been extinguished by the home owner's neighbor by the time firefighters arrived.

No one was hurt in the fire, which started in the kitchen from a cooking accident. The home owner fled her house and called 911 using her neighbor's phone. The neighbor then re-entered the house and put out most of the fire, Fairview officials said.

The cooking fire was mostly contained to the kitchen, damaging the surrounding microwave and kitchen drawers, officials said. Other rooms in the house also suffered heavy smoke damage, officials said.

  • Comment

Comments

In Other News

Pace Performing Arts Hosts Session With Director Doyle

Stepinac's Digital Library Draws Nationwide Interest

Obituaries

Dorothy Blanche Wilcox, 88, Of Hartsdale, Worked For Weichert Realtors