Some fast thinking first responders saved the lives of a man and woman who were in danger of dying from a heroin overdose at a Greenburgh retail store.
Greenburgh Police Department paramedics, officers and personnel from the Hartsdale Fire Department were dispatched to Michael’s retail store on North Central Avenue on Friday, Jan. 19, where there were reports of a woman inside who was suffering from cardiac arrest.
Officials said that paramedics assessed that hte woman was not breathing, and a drug overdose was the suspected cause. First responders provided medical attention, including the administration of Narcan, to get the woman breathing again.
Once she was revived, she warned officers that her husband was in a vehicle in the parking lot. It was subsequently that he too was suffering from a suspected overdose and was not breathing. Paramedics again utilized Narcan to save the man’s life in his car.
“Through their swift response, thinking and actions, Greenburgh Police personnel were able to provide life-saving medical attention to not just one, but two patients,” department officials said in a statement.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.