WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Six Westchester County residents were among 168 graduates of the New York State Police Academy at this year's 201st ceremony, held Thursday, July 17.
Jean B. Cime of Hartsdale, Peter J. Figiel of Peekskill,
Katherine M. Gorey of Somers, Kelechi A. Uba of New Rochelle, Jason E. Ritacco of Waccabuc and Charles A. Williams of Yonkers earned the distinction.
“These new members of the New York State Police will serve one of the most prestigious and challenging roles in society as law enforcement personnel,” said Gov. Andrew Cuomo. “Their sharpened talents will be put to use in keeping every corner of New York safe, as they are now prepared to protect the people of this state through times of uncertainty and distress. On behalf of every New Yorker, I extend my gratitude to the New York State Police and offer my congratulations to today's graduating troopers and their families."
- 1 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 4 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Greenburgh Skies Sunday
- 5 Greeburgh Celebrates Halloween At Spooktoberfest