WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Police arrested a White Plains man Sunday who they say drove drunk with his young daughter in the car.
Salvador Lopez was arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated under Leandra’s Law, which made driving drunk with a child 15 years old or younger in the car a Class E felony.
It also requires those convicted of DWI to have an ignition interlock device installed on their vehicle and to have an "ignition interlock" restriction added to their driver's license.
Open alcohol containers were found in the car and the defendant’s blood alcohol level was .22, police said. The legal limit is .08. Lopez’s daughter was riding in the front seat not wearing a seat belt, police said.
Police stoped Lopez around 4 a.m. Sunday on Washington Avenue.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Greenburgh; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Greenburgh Declares State Of Emergency Because Of Snowstorm
- 3 Elmsford, Greenburgh-Graham Schools Will Have Early Dismissal
- 4 Better Safe Than Sorry? Many Hidden 'Costs' To Preparing For Storm
- 5 Greenburgh Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester