GREENBURGH, N.Y. — A Yonkers woman is still in critical condition after being struck by a van on Tarrytown Road on Tuesday, Greenburgh police said.
Carmen Perez, 54, of Yonkers, was walking across Tarrytown Road around 7:40 a.m. from the Bee-Line bus stop when a Ford-350 Econoline van made a left turn from Hillside Avenue onto Tarrytown Road and struck Perez. An ambulance transported Perez to Westchester Medical Center and she is still in critical condition as of Wednesday morning, police said.
The 73-year-old Greenburgh man who was operating the van is not being charged, police said, but his vehicle was impounded by police and is being inspected for brake and operational issues.
- 1 Former Ardsley Student Zuckerberg Among Billionaires Who Gained Most
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenburgh
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Theft At Greenburgh Multiplex Among Calls Handled By Town Police