YONKERS, N.Y. – A Yonkers man was killed Monday night when the car he was driving crashed into a downed tree on the Sprain Brook Parkway, state police said.
Tiago Ferreria Neto, 54, struck a tree that had fallen across the highway while he was driving southbound on the parkway near Jackson Avenue in Greenburgh around 7:45 p.m., Hawthorne-based state police said Tuesday.
Troopers said Neto’s 1988 Toyota struck the downed tree and continued traveling along the center embankment before hitting several other trees. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Neto’s death was likely linked to the storm conditions created by Hurricane Sandy, police said.
- 1 Woodlands High School Boys Basketball Team Makes History As State Finalists
- 2 Greenburgh Police Investigating Gun Shots Fired Near Local Residence
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 5 Elmsford Paramedics, Greenburgh Police Assist Mail Carrier