YONKERS, N.Y. – A Yonkers man was killed Monday night when the car he was driving crashed into a downed tree on the Sprain Brook Parkway, state police said.
Tiago Ferreria Neto, 54, struck a tree that had fallen across the highway while he was driving southbound on the parkway near Jackson Avenue in Greenburgh around 7:45 p.m., Hawthorne-based state police said Tuesday.
Troopers said Neto’s 1988 Toyota struck the downed tree and continued traveling along the center embankment before hitting several other trees. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Neto’s death was likely linked to the storm conditions created by Hurricane Sandy, police said.
- 1 Greenburgh Police Officer Credited With Saving Woman’s Life
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Woman Charged In Hartsdale Wallet Theft Says Child Not Involved Crime
- 5 Greenburgh Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure