YONKERS, N.Y. – A Yonkers man was killed Monday night when the car he was driving crashed into a downed tree on the Sprain Brook Parkway, state police said.
Tiago Ferreria Neto, 54, struck a tree that had fallen across the highway while he was driving southbound on the parkway near Jackson Avenue in Greenburgh around 7:45 p.m., Hawthorne-based state police said Tuesday.
Troopers said Neto’s 1988 Toyota struck the downed tree and continued traveling along the center embankment before hitting several other trees. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Neto’s death was likely linked to the storm conditions created by Hurricane Sandy, police said.
- 1 Hamilton Grad Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 2 Elmsford Man Killed On Saw Mill Parkway In Dobbs Ferry Is ID'd
- 3 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 4 IRS Warns Greenburgh Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Saw Mill Parkway Accident In Dobbs Ferry