ELMSFORD, N.Y. - Five graduates returned to their alma mater Thursday to help mentor prospective college students as part of the Alexander Hamilton Alumni Panel.
Kathy Benitez, a sophomore at the College of Mount Saint Vincent, Shannon Coombs, a sophomore at Howard University, Aiyana-Mei Tom (freshman, West Virginia University/US Army (Enlisted), Gozie Udogwu - Junior, (City College of New York-Baruch and Jesse Young, a junior at Princeton University offered their advice on higher education.
According to Elmsford School Superintendent Joseph Ricca, prospective college students had the opportunity to engage in a robust dialogue with their former high school classmates about what to expect as freshmen.
"This event provides an excellent venue for current high school students to begin planning for the challenges associated with entering college," Ricca said. "It also serves as a meaningful bridge between current and former students within the Elmsford School District..
The alumni tackled such questions as:
What is the major difference between high school and college?
What are some resources available to you at the college you attend?
How do you manage your time as a college freshman?
- 1 Former Ardsley Student Zuckerberg Among Billionaires Who Gained Most
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenburgh
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Theft At Greenburgh Multiplex Among Calls Handled By Town Police