WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Students in grades three through eight in New York state saw slightly improved math scores on Common Core testing, while English and Language Arts scores remained mostly flat, according to Education Week.
The percentage of students who tested out as proficient in math jumped roughly 31 percent to 26 percent with white and Asian students showing the greatest gains. ELA test scores only rose from 31.3 percent to 31.4 percent, Education Week reported.
- 1 Greenburgh Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Greenburgh Is About To Lose Some Greenery Due To New Home Construction
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenburgh
- 4 Hartsdale Man Charged With Unlawfully Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Academy Holds Graduation For New Fairview, Hartsdale Firefighters