EDGEMONT, N.Y. — The Edgemont community is gearing up for games, food, dancing and a big tug-of-war-match at its annual Winter Warm-Up on Friday night.
Now in its seventh year running, the warm-up will feature a DJ, games like cup-stacking, a parents vs. children tug-of-war, sports activities in the gym and plenty of food. While the events are meant for Edgemont students from kindergarten through sixth grade, high school students and parents help coordinate the games.
It's something the whole Edgemont community looks forward to every year, said Leslie Thayer, PTA co-chair and event organizer.
"It's a great feeling having the community come together," Thayer said. "It's been a packed house every year."
The Winter Warm-Up is also a fundraiser to collect donations for Edgemont's Kids Help Kids program. All attendants are encouraged to bring winter apparel including scarves, gloves, coats and boots that will be donated to families and children in need.
The event will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Greenville Elementary School, 100 Glendale Road in Edgemont.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 3 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 4 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester