HARTSDALE, N.Y. -- Residents of Hartsdale voted to approve the Greenburgh Central School District Board of Education's proposed $63.3 million budget for the 2014-2015 school year on Tuesday.
The vote was as follows: 671 in favor of the budget and 342 opposed.
Incumbents Claudia Glaser (599 votes) and Debra Campbell (604) held their seats as Board Members.
Cora Lena Carey received 402 votes and Jeff Barnes received 256 votes.
“This is a great day for the students of Greenburgh Central and the entire Greenburgh Community,” said Board President Lloyd Newland. “With the passing of this vote, we are able to keep all of our programs, maintain staff and continue doing the wonderful work in this district. I would like to thank the voters for coming out and supporting the children and passing the budget. On behalf of the entire Board, we would like to thank the community for keeping the focus on what really matters, our children.”
- 1 Unexpected Fireworks Prompt Greenburgh Residents To Fear Attack
- 2 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Special Delivery Outside Elmsford Restaurant: A Baby Boy
- 5 A Small Village Parade Is A Big Hit Within Town Of Greenburgh