HARTSDALE, N.Y. - Parents whose children attend Solomon Schechter or Maria Regina schools in Hartsdale are invited to a forum Thursday night that will discuss the state's proposals to help relieve tuition burden for private-school families.
New York State Assemblypersons Amy Paulin, Shelley Mayer, Steve Otis and David Buchwald will be present at the community forum to talk about the affordability of Westchester County's Catholic and Jewish day schools.
The forum is also open to private-school parents throughout the county.
Representatives from the New York State Catholic Conference, Office of the Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of New York, the Westchester Jewish Council and other organizations will also attend.
"For many families with children in religious day schools, paying increasing taxes and rising tuition is becoming too difficult to sustain," the United Jewish Appeal Federation of New York said in a statement.
"This forum will provide parents with the opportunity to learn about what's being considered in New York and engage with state lawmakers representing Westchester County about what can be done to bring tuition-assistance supports to the state."
The forum will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday at Schechter Westchester Upper School, 55 W. Hartsdale Ave.
- 1 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 4 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester