HASTINGS, N.Y. -- Hastings High School senior Mo Godin recently won the Youth Leadership Award from Habitat for Humanity Westchester.
Godin has been president of the Hastings Habitat for Humanity Club for three years, organizing Hastings students to go out and build homes for veterans returning from combat as well as families that have fallen upon tough times, representatives said in a press release.
"In the past three years, the club has been involved in the construction of more than five homes, all outfitted with green technology," representatives said. "Mo is currently is the chairman of the Youth Leadership Board for all of Habitat Westchester, facilitating and coordinating more than 1,000 students from over 30 schools to volunteer around the county."
Fellow Hastings High seniors Quentin Street and Perry Callahan "have also both been instrumental in helping achieve all that Hastings can for this great cause," representatives said.
- 1 One Dead, One Critically Injured In Overnight Yonkers Crash
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Greenburgh Skies Sunday
- 4 Greeburgh Celebrates Halloween At Spooktoberfest
- 5 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale