ARDSLEY, N.Y. – The Ardsley High School boys basketball team will host Rye at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday fresh off the Garnets’ championship at the Sound Shore Classic last weekend.
The Panthers have struggled to score points recently and have not eclipsed 50 points in their last six games. Ardsley is 1-5 in those games as a result.
Senior Gabe Kardish has been one of the more consistent players for the Panthers during that stretch. He snagged 10 rebounds in a 36-33 win against Irvington and scored 18 points in back-to-back games against Edgemont and Woodlands.
Rye, on the other hand, built some momentum when it won the two-day Mamaroneck tournament with a 60-47 victory against Harrison in the opening round on Friday and a 60-55 win against Rye Neck in the title game on Saturday. Rye ended the Panthers’ six-game winning streak with the five-point win.
Senior Max Twyman has been a force for the Garnets all season but has come on particularly strong lately. He put up a double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds against Harrison and followed up that performance with 29 points and nine boards against Rye Neck.
Even in a 65-61 loss to Horace Greeley last Monday, the 6’5” senior did his best to lift his team to victory with 19 points.
Ardsley will need to slow down Twyman to earn the win Wednesday.
- 1 Greenburgh Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Greenburgh Is About To Lose Some Greenery Due To New Home Construction
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenburgh
- 4 Hartsdale Man Charged With Unlawfully Collecting Unemployment Benefits
- 5 Academy Holds Graduation For New Fairview, Hartsdale Firefighters