GREENBURGH, N.Y. – Edgemont will host its 31st annual wrestling tournament beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday.
The 18-team field includes the following Westchester County schools: Croton, Dobbs Ferry, Eastchester, Mamaroneck, Mount Vernon, Rye, Salesian, Scarsdale, Westlake, Woodlands, Yonkers and the host, Edgemont.
Last year, Trey and Tyler Aslanian each won their respective weight classes for Edgemont. This year, there is a possibility Edgemont could have the three Aslanian brothers – Trey, Tyler and Kyle – as champions.
Mamaroneck senior Ben Miller, who recently became the Tigers’ career-wins leader, will be going for his fourth tournament title this season. Miller has won the Mamaroneck Tiger, Ted Murphy Shoreline Classic and Chris Hernandez tournaments.
Mount Vernon’s David Watkins has emerged the last two weeks as a Section 1 Division I contender in the 220-pound weight class, winning the Scarsdale and Chris Hernandez tournaments.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 5 Elmsford Reports Opt-Out Rates On First Day Of State Math Tests