GREENBURGH, N.Y. – A popular new sport for kids and adults alike is coming to southern Westchester County.
A Pickleball demo and clinic will open to all at East Rumbrook Park in Hartsdale on May 29 and 30
from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Pickleball is a paddle sport for all ages and skill levels. It combines elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong and can be played either outside or indoors on a badminton-sized court and a modified tennis net.
Invented by three dads in 1965 on Bainbridge Island outside of Seattle, Washington, Pickleball now has more than 100,000 players and is played internationally in Canada, Europe and Asia according to the USA Pickleball Association (USAPA).
For more information about Pickleball, visit www.usapa.org.
- 1 Mason Struck, Killed By His Own Van In Greenburgh
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car