ELMSFORD, N.Y. -- Want some beer with your whiskey?
Or at least the very hint of the flavor? For years, breweries have used whiskey or bourbon barrels to age beer in so the product adapts some of the whiskey’s complex characteristics.
Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies program has switched that dynamic around, creating a limited edition whiskey in partnership with Elmsford's Captain Lawrence Brewing Company .
The same Jameson barrels that were sent to Captain Lawrence to age its unique, Trans-Atlantic Red were then returned and refilled with Jameson Irish Whiskey.
Look for the bottle at the following locations:
- Hawthorne Wines & Spirits, 383 Elwood Ave., Hawthorne, (914) 495-3298
- Leewood Liquors, 322A White Plains Rd., Eastchester, (914) 222-9040
- McLean Ave Wine & Liquors, 974 McLean Ave., Yonkers, (914) 237-7134
- New York Liquor Company, 2131 Palmer Ave., Larchmont, (914) 732-3838
- Westchester Wine Warehouse, 53 Tarrytown Rd., White Plains, (914) 824-1400
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.