HARTSDALE, N.Y. - Several businesses near the Hartsdale Metro-North station that were forced to evacuate Tuesday morning due to a carbon monoxide leak have been allowed to reopen.
The Hartsdale Fire Department received a call at 10:02 a.m. of a carbon monoxide condition at 221 East Hartsdale Ave. When firefighters, Con Edison and Greenburgh police arrived at the scene it was determined a malfunctioning boiler had released high levels of carbon monoxide into the premises.
Although no injuries were reported, as a precaution the commercial tenants were asked to evacuate while firefighters ventilated the building, Greenburgh Police Lt. Brian Ryan said.
Businesses were given the OK to reopen at about 10:50 a.m. Metro-North service was not affected by the incident and East Hartsdale Avenue was reopened after being blocked off for about 45 minutes.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.